Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Birthday Pupcakes!

Two of my darling babies have the same birthday just a few years apart.


Lilly Belle

Tucker
Since finding out that Tucker is allergic to meat and animal fat (yes, my dog is a vegetarian), we haven't been able to find any treats that do not make him sick. But today I was determined to find something that he could enjoy on his first birthday. That's when all of my google searching FINALLY paid off and I found a recipe that not only did I have all of the ingredients for, but was also Tucker friendly.

I was also excited to bake something cupcake like so I could use all of my new cupcake related Christmas gifts. I love, and I mean really love the silicone liners! They are amazing!
To make the Pupcakes:
1/3 cup of honey
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/4 cup of peanut butter
1 cup of flour (i used brown rice flour because of Tucker's food sensitivities)
1 cup of shredded carrots (about 2 large carrots)
1 egg
1tsp of baking soda
1tsp of vanilla

Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350 for around 30 minutes.

You can make about 10 cupcakes or 1 8 inch round cake
For the frosting purée about 1 cup of large curd cottage cheese. Then top with swirls of peanut butter and a few shreds of carrot.


A few things I learned today about baking for your dog is to remember to use high quality ingredients. They have more sensitive stomachs so the more natural, the better. Also serving size is important. If you choose to do the whole cake remember to only give your dog a few bites not a large slice. Like with us, this is a treat and not a meal =)

I hope all of our four legged friends will enjoy!
Lilly and Tucker both approved!

No comments:

Post a Comment