Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Peach Cobbler Cupcakes

Last week I attempted to make a blackberry cobbler... it was tasty, but nothing like a cobbler. It looked more like a pie and even though it was yummy tasted kind of like jelly. I have been craving peach cobbler ever since then, and I realized I hadn't made any cupcakes in a very long time... so here goes my crazy attempt at a peach cobbler cupcake.



I have never made a batter from my own recipe before, normally i take the work someone else has done and make a few slight changes to make it my own. But I am proud to say that this recipe is all mine =). I searched for a cake/ icing combo i liked and couldn't find one.

I started with a brown sugar and butter cake recipe... I changed up one that i had found and used sour cream in the batter and a lot less butter. Then instead of using canned fruit  (like everyone else online seemed to do) I decided to use fresh peaches, and mix them into the batter. It is summer and peaches are seriously everywhere!
Yield: 16 Cupcakes

  • 1 1/2 C flour
  • 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 3/4 C brown sugar
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 C sour cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 C peaches, roughly chopped (about 2 medium-sized peaches)
  1. With a fork, whisk flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a bowl.
  2. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
  3. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract until blended.
  4. Mix in flour mixture.
  5. Fold in peaches.
  6. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full.
  7. Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.



The cakes took a little while to bake, but the result is amazing. They are so good that they do not even need icing.

Being a true southerner peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream are a staple in my family, and i decided to make a vanilla whipped cream frosting to mimic that ice cream flavor.

If you have never made whipped cream before it is well worth it so much better than the cans or the tubs of the stuff (and not to mention quick and easy). Seriously my recipe was

1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
5/8 tbs granulated sugar

Then all you do is beat until it is thick and whipped cream like =)


This cupcakes are so good! I mean really really really good. I only baked 8 to see if I would like the way they turned out, i wish i would have made more, because I would have eaten them for every meal tomorrow =)

xoxo,
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment