Thursday, July 21, 2011

Vegan Blueberry Muffins



Most of you guys know that after reading the Kind Diet (which I recommend for everyone to read), about three weeks ago, I am now eating and living a vegan lifestyle. I have not had any problem transforming my regular food favorites to a meatless, animal-less version, but for some reason I have been terrified of trying to bake..... until Luke brought home some amazing looking blueberries.


I know this is not a cupcake, but Luke is leaving at around 6am for Airborne school in the morning, so a quick and easy breakfast is needed because I am so not a morning person.


This recipe was so simple here is what you need:
1 1/2 cups flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup nondairy milk
    1/4 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup blueberries
* I used whole wheat flour instead of all purpose 


Mix all the dry ingredients together then add the non-dairy milk (I chose vanilla soy) and the vegetable oil. Turn off the mixer =) and fold in the blueberries... the original recipe called for frozen berries, but mine were fresh and it turned out just fine.


Then all you do is bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. It will make around 9 muffins.




I have been buying aprons like crazy... and today my super sweet husband picked out this super cute new apron for me on out shopping trip in Asheville....  




I am so proud of him for attempting to eat vegan. He is so willing to try new foods and tonight was the same... Ignore his facial expression here the muffins are delicious... he just burnt his chin with blueberry juice.






xoxo,
Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. I had no clue you were eating vegan?! that's exciting, I wish I had the willpower! maybe one day - this recipe looks great though!

    ReplyDelete